Afghanistan - Kabul

Germany - Berlin (Berlin)

Guyana - Georgetown

Morocco - Rabat

Pakistan - Islamabad

Trinidad - Port of Spain

U.K - London (England)

U.S.A - Washington DC (District of Columbia)

Saudi Arabia - Makkah

Saudi Arabia - Medina

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

German Consulate's Response to Press Release

Peace and Guidance to all;

Early today I was informed by the German Consulate of the sentence handed down by the German court on Alex A. Veinz via the following email:


Dear Mr. Abdullah,
I just received the information that Alex W., who attacked and killed Marwa El-Sherbini and severely injured her husband, was today sentenced to life imprisonment. The court decided further that a premature release because of good conduct is ruled out. The court therewith followed the call of the prosecution. It was the hardest sentence possible.
Kind regards,
Christoph Peleikis

Ständiger Vertreter / Deputy Head of Mission and Consul
Botschaft der Bundesrepublik Deutschland / Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
7-9 Marli Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I.
Tel.: (+1 868) 628-1630-2 Ext. 24; Fax: (+1 868) 628-5278
E-Mail: v@ports.auswaertiges-amt.de


I immediately responded by issuing a Press Release indicating our dissatisfaction a copy of which you would have gotten earlier. I then later received a correspondence from the German Consulate indicating the following:


Dear Mr. Abdullah,
unfortunately, I have no idea what the monitory equivalent of 100 camels is. However, please be advised that Mrs. El-Sherbini's husband as well as her son already received compensation by the Federal Republic of Germany, further support is currently under examination. Furthermore, husband and son will receive a monthly widower's pension and orphan's pension respectively. At the same time, we all know that this cannot bring back their wife and mother, who died through this horrible crime.
Kind regards,
Christoph Peleikis


This new bit of information did make a lot of difference so I responded with the following:


Peace and Guidance Mr. Peleikis;
If only you had mentioned these things to me before... Anyways PLEASE be advised I will make every effort to inform all Muslims in Trinidad and Tobago of this commendable effort by your Government. I apologise for any scar I may have caused you with my Press Release. As I have mentioned to you before my word is my honour. PLEASE disregard my Press Release and may God Almighty continue to guide us all and mend our differences for the better of all humanity... Ameen. By-the-way 100 Camels is equivalent to approx. $500,000.00 TT Dollars...
Peace and Guidance
Umar Abdullah


N.B.: Next time I travel to Trinidad I will be paying you a courtesy visit that is if you don't mind.


They then responded by the following:


Dear Mr. Abdullah,
thank you very much for your kind email and for the information. I thought you would be living in Trinidad. Is this not the case?
Kind regards,
Christoph Peleikis


Ständiger Vertreter / Deputy Head of Mission and Consul
Botschaft der Bundesrepublik Deutschland / Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
7-9 Marli Street, Port of Spain, Trinidad W.I.
Tel.: (+1 868) 628-1630-2 Ext. 24; Fax: (+1 868) 628-5278
E-Mail: v@ports.auswaertiges-amt.de


It is with great enthusiasm and concern I Share this chain of communication with you all. PLEASE convey the same to the rest of your community. Thank You....
Peace and Guidance
Umar Abdullah


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis