Afghanistan - Kabul

Germany - Berlin (Berlin)

Guyana - Georgetown

Morocco - Rabat

Pakistan - Islamabad

Trinidad - Port of Spain

U.K - London (England)

U.S.A - Washington DC (District of Columbia)

Saudi Arabia - Makkah

Saudi Arabia - Medina

Monday, February 1, 2010

Cover Letter to Paula Gopee-Scoon; Minister of Foreign Affairs Trinidad and Tobago

Peace and Guidance Madam Minister;



Attached is a letter I sent to the Ambassador of the French Republic to Trinidad and Tobago. It concerns the recommendation by the French President and his administration to partially ban the wearing of veils that cover the face - including the Burqa.


This issue is of great importance not only to my organisation but to
all Muslims in this Twin Island State of ours. What ever affects
Muslims in France, affects us here as well. If these issues with the
French is not addressed, it will inevitably negitively impact on you
and your office and by extension your government. PLEASE be advised I am prepared to do what ever it takes to properly deal with these matters. I view this as tantamount to a physical attack on my Muslim Sisters.


Madam Minister... I am open for dialog on these and other issues that affect us Muslims here in Trinidad and Tobago. You can contact me through the following Numbers: 787-0765/365-6253 or email me at waajihatulislaamiyyah@gmail.com. Please don't allow this opportunity to pass you by. Thank You.


Peace and Guidance
Umar Abdullah


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis